Meet Reno-Tahoe YPN Member Xenia Pyne.
Xenia is the Health & Literacy Coordinator as LIBERTY Dental Plan.
- How long have you been in the area? I’ve been in Reno for 2.5 years now.
- What do you love about your business? What I love about LIBERTY Dental Plan is their commitment to serve the community and provide the proper resources to members. I am honored to be the bridge between oral and overall health for our Medicaid recipients in Washoe County. I get to engage and immerse myself in my community to raise awareness on oral hygiene, promote healthy habits, and eliminate barriers so that our members can continue living their best life.
- If I weren’t at work right now, I’d be… exploring the backcountry of the Dolomites in Italy, Patagonia in Argentina/Chile, or Bugaboos in B.C., Canada. More realistically, perhaps baking a pie or completing the workout of the day, “WOD”.
- To me, networking is about…building meaningful relationships in the community, and being a reliable resource to others when they need it the most. It’s about collaborating on ways to partner together to benefit the people we serve.
- For new members- What do you want to get out of YPN? I’m looking forward to meeting other professionals and becoming empowered by their involvement and desire to better our community. I’m also excited to learn more about my potential as a young professional.
- As young professionals in the area, we could enhance the community by…sharing knowledge and personal experiences with others, and working with passion.
- Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? I could not go a day without seeing my daughter and husband smile.