Meet Reno-Tahoe YPN Member Shawna Guarino.
Shawna is the Branch Manager at United Federal Credit Union.
1. How long have you been in the area? I have been in the Reno/Sparks area for a total of 14 years. My family moved here in 1995 and then I moved away in 2007. I returned to Reno in 2016 after spending some years in AZ, CA, and WI.
2. What do you love about your business? What I love most about my business is being able to provide or help guide my members to a better financial future for them and their family. There is nothing better than assisting someone in achieving their short and long term goals.
3. If I weren’t at work right now, I’d be…. Doing an activity or spending time with my 7 year old son, Reign. He is my rock; we love to watch movies, go to the lake, go to the park, or play board games.
4. To me, networking is about…. Making connections with people who have similar values and missions to help our community members improve their lives in every way.
5. What do you want to get out of YPN? I want to meet like-minded people who want to add value to the community by propelling the members in our community into the best life possible.
6. As young professionals in the area, we could enhance the community by … Serving the community through volunteerism and providing the resources to help our community members make the connections they need.
7. Aside from necessities, what is one thing could you not go a day without? Coffee! Believe me, I have tried many times. It is the fuel that sparks my morning.