Meet Reno-Tahoe YPN Member Stefanie Arellano.
Stefanie is the Human Resource Manager at Garlock Printing & Converting.
1. How long have you been in the area? I am a local Northern Nevadan, born and raised in Silver State!
2. What do you love about your business? I love that we are a safety driven manufacturer. Often, manufacturing companies will focus on production and quality first and only focus on safety when an accident occurs. A workplace injury or death changes lives forever – for families, friends, communities, and coworkers. Thus, if we can prevent that one accident from happening, we have done our job.
3. If I weren’t at work right now, I’d be…. Spending time with my three beautiful children.
4. To me, networking is about…. Building relationships within our community and putting those relationships, those ideas to use.
5. For new members- What do you want to get out of YPN? My goal for joining YPN is to be more involved in our community and meet other professionals in the area. Northern Nevada is rapidly growing and YPN is a great avenue to be involved in and kept in the know!
6. As young professionals in the area, we could enhance the community by … By getting involved with community leaders, respected social and environmental organizations, health and education leaders, youth leaders, and role models and building those relationships, coming up with those ideas, whether it be volunteering, mentoring or simply donating to a cause.
7. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? My Starbucks, I need to kick this habit!