Meet Reno-Tahoe YPN Member Ty Jensen.
Ty is the Pricing Analyst for NV Energy.
1. How long have you been in the area? Reno, NV is my hometown!
2. What do you love about your business? My work is a blend of data and financial analytics mixed with legislative affairs which is rewarding because I am assisting in shaping the community.
3. If I weren’t at work right now, I’d be…. Flying somewhere I’ve never been, watching the Dodgers or Aces play, or looking for a new restaurant to try out.
4. To me, networking is about…. Finding people in the community that have a variety of interests but similar personal goals. At YPN, we are all driven, but what interests me is getting to know people on a personal level to understand their perspective on the community. Understanding different perspectives is how we grow and learn as individuals.
5. What do you want to get out of YPN? For the better part of 6 years, I volunteered for a number of philanthropic organizations. It is my goal to spend more time and energy towards professional development in order to achieve my professional goals while still spending time volunteering for selective philanthropic organizations.
6. As young professionals in the area, we could enhance the community by … Having a broader impact on the community. Even though YPN has an impact in the community I believe we could be doing more. This starts with stronger recruitment and marketing efforts. Although Reno may be the Biggest Little City, there is no reason why YPN should not aspire to be the biggest little organization. This can be accomplished by stronger targeted recruitment efforts and more external-focused events. Growing this organization will lead to an enhancement of our community.
7. Aside from necessities, what is one thing could you not go a day without? If I’m at work…Pandora set on low. Background music makes everything a little easier and enjoyable.
If I’m not at work…maybe a laugh and smile, not to be cheesy. Being less than happily optimistic in this town is a challenge.