Meet Reno-Tahoe YPN Member Michael Brazier.
Michael is CEO & President of United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra.
- How long have you been in the area? I have lived in Northern Nevada since 2010.
- What do you love about your business? United Way has a 75 year history of bringing together the community and solving problems that are identified. Currently, we are focused on building a stronger Northern Nevada workforce by focusing on literacy of third graders across Northern Nevada.
- If I weren’t at work right now, I’d be…. riding my bike around town or wine tasting.
- To me, networking is about…. connecting with like minded individuals who want to build a thriving community.
- For new members- What do you want to get out of YPN? I hope to build a connection of other young professionals who are contributing to making Reno/Sparks a thriving community.
- As young professionals in the area, we could enhance the community by … focusing on issues and problems that face are community and show that we care for our community.
- Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Cell phone!