Meet Reno-Tahoe YPN member PJ Tomaino.
PJ is a Co-Founder & Director of Executive Search at Sierra Staffing Group.
- How long have you been in the area? I was born and raised in Reno, however, I spent a number of years living and working in both Arizona/San Diego. I have been in the area for approximately 20 years total.
- What do you love about your business? I love helping clients find extraordinary candidates to take their organizations to the next level and helping candidates find their next great opportunity. We are a boutique-style staffing firm and there is no red tape. This gives me the flexibility to tailor my services to each client/candidate to provide cost-effective solutions and the best possible experience.
- If I weren’t at work right now, I’d be…. Golfing and still working.
- To me, networking is about…. To me, networking is about building relationships and sharing experiences to establish an environment where parties can grow personally and professionally.
- What do you want to get out of YPN? I want to build relationships with other young professionals in the area, be more involved in the community, and have the opportunity to give back in my spare time.
- As young professionals in the area, we could enhance the community by … Donating our time to community service and serving as role models for the younger, up-and-coming professionals in the community.
- Aside from necessities, what is one thing could you not go a day without? My puppy. As a business owner, the majority of my time is spent working. Even my downtime is spent responding to clients and candidates. She goes everywhere with me, including the office, and I can always count on her unconditional love and support to get me through the day.