Meet Reno-Tahoe YPN member Joel Peixoto.
Joel is the School Principal for the Washoe County School District.
1. How long have you been in the area? I am a proud native Nevadan! I grew up in Fallon, NV, attended UNR (2000 to 2004), relocated to Las Vegas (2004 to 2014), and returned back to Reno (2014 to 2018).
2. What do you love about your business? I have made education my career through my own education, research, and practice. I have served as classified staff, a teacher, department lead, instructional coach, assistant principal, and school principal in my years as an educator. I enjoy empowering all levels of staff to educate and grow youth and love serving the public, the community, parents, and students, to help to create life-long learners and contributing citizens.
3. If I weren’t at work right now, I’d be…. Sipping wine in El Dorado County, CA, riding my bike to see what is happening downtown, or spending time at home (probably doing some sort of yardwork) with my partner.
4. To me, networking is about…. Getting to know others to leverage opportunities to support one another socially and through work.
5. For new members- What do you want to get out of YPN? I am looking forward to getting to know other young professionals to build lifelong friendships and network opportunities to grow personally and support the growth of my town!
6. For renewing members- What do you get out of being a member of YPN?
7. As young professionals in the area, we could enhance the community by … Representing ourselves openly and honestly through community service, visibility in the community, and as through social events.
8. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? There are probably many things that I use frequently and daily, but I probably couldn’t go without my phone, gym, water bottle, and caffeine!