Meet Reno-Tahoe YPN member Carrie Ann Sattler.
Carrie is the Regional Director of Sales- Northeast at The Peppermill Resort and Spa Casino.
1. How long have you been in the area? I was born and raised in Reno, NV. This is one of the greatest places to work and live. Aside from the incredible professional bedrock Reno offers, it also offers four full seasons that bring me enjoyment of my greatest recreational pastimes.
2. What do you love about your business? I love that my business allows me to educate others on our incredible destination and there is nothing I love more about my job than the ability to drive our economy by bringing in business from outside of our region.
3. If I weren’t at work right now, I’d be…. Hard at play in the outdoors. My greatest passions are breathing in fresh air and pushing my boundaries in a natural environment. Hiking, Biking, Skiing….all of it.
4. To me, networking is about….Comprehensive community knowledge. The best networks are those that collaborate and find strength in their professional and personal diversity.
5. For renewing members- What do you get out of being a member of YPN? I am a longtime YPN member and have served on the board and even as President. I am a big believer in the development of a strong young professional environment. Building a lasting network of young professional relationships now means we will all benefit from stronger, longer lasting and deep relationships in our future.
7. As young professionals in the area, we could enhance the community by … Continuing to breathe life into our cultural experiences. By participating in a local event, starting a local business or frequenting a business you already love, we form a fabric of diverse culture and experience that is unique to Reno.
8. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? A sunrise or a sunset. I feel a sense of rejuvenation, hope and peace with both.