Meet Reno-Tahoe YPN member Lexy Peterson.
Lexy is The Marketing Coordinator at Lumos & Associates, Inc..
1. How long have you been in the area? I have lived in Northern Nevada since I was three. I began working in Lumos’ Reno office in November 2016 after working for four years in our Carson office.
2. What do you love about your business? I love that we are a family. I came to Lumos right out of college with very little “real world experience.” My fellow coworkers not only welcomed me to the Lumos community, but also encouraged and motivated me to be more than just “the new kid.” Every person that walks through our door becomes family, and I think that makes our business special.
3. If I weren’t at work right now, I’d be…. On the road with my husband, Ben, and our two dogs. We love taking day trips!
4. To me, networking is about…. Meeting new people in this area and learning from each other. I have met some incredible people since becoming Lumos’ Marketing Coordinator in 2016.
5. For new members- What do you want to get out of YPN? My goal for joining YPN is to become more involved in the community and expand and build my network. I am excited to meet people with common goals and ideas.
6. As young professionals in the area, we could enhance the community by … Getting as involved in the community as possible. I recently attended a volunteer event at the Food Bank of Northern Nevada, and it was so fun and rewarding!
7. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? I hate to say this, but I couldn’t go without my phone. My husband and I just started a travel Instagram page filled with pictures from our small trips. I am enjoying updating it and following other day-trippers!