Meet Reno-Tahoe YPN Member Marie Terry.
Marie is the Research Analyst for Lancor.
1. How long have you been in the area? I was born and raised in Reno, Nevada. I attended UNR for my undergrad and my MBA.
2. What do you love about your business? I love the connections I have made and the experiences I have had outside of Reno by working for a global firm. I have learned how to better understand and serve public companies and top private equity firms with executive search and advisory services.
3. If I weren’t at work right now, I’d be…. With an endless amount of cash flow, traveling the world. Otherwise, spending time with my friends and family somewhere warm.
4. To me, networking is about…. Meeting intelligent people who have walked a different life/career path and can share their takeaways. I truly believe 99% of the time it’s about “who you know” – so why not network?
5. For new members- What do you want to get out of YPN? I want to be more involved in the Reno/Tahoe business community. I hope to add value to the network and build strong business relationships that I can leverage in the future.
6. As young professionals in the area, we could enhance the community by … Realizing that the Reno/Tahoe area is a growing market that we should be excited about! We, as young professionals, should strive to make Reno/Tahoe the best place to be (professionally and personally) and show the community why that is. We can make Reno’s future a bright one for young professionals to come.
7. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Talking to me my Mom and Sister 😊